WATCH OUR VIDEO ON MINDHUNTER: www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Q2-QflGZU&t=3s
WATCH OUR VIDEO ON SICARIO: www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn5vK_tUg3w
FREE SQUARESPACE TRIAL AND 10 PERCENT OFF FIRST PURCHASE: www.squarespace.com/storytellers
WARNING: FULL SPOILERS FOR APOCALYPTO (2006).
In this video we discuss Apocalypto (2006), a movie both lauded for its cinematography and thrilling chase sequence, as well as heavily critiqued for its apparent ‘racist colonialist undertones’ as well as its historical inaccuracy.
I generally disagree with this negative view and in this video essay I try to explain why that is, and what I believe to be the film’s true message. Also, I figured it was time to do a Mel Gibson movie because Hacksaw Ridge (2016) was fricking amazing;)
– Apocalypto, Mel Gibson, 2006.
– The Passion of the Christ, Mel Gibson, 2004
– The Walking Dead, Season 7 – Episode 1, 2016
– The Sound of Silence – Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel
– Friends original intro song (1994-2004)
– The Revelvations of Mel, Stephen Spence, 2007.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.
Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.